1947: E.G. Melroe, a farmer and inventor from Gwinner, N.D., opens a small factory with his four sons to manufacture an attachment he designed to pick up windrowed grain with a combine. 1948: The company builds its first factory, a 100 by 30 foot building in Gwinner, after outgrowing an old gas station and a vacant schoolhouse. 1957: Turkey farmer Eddie Velo prompts brothers Cyril and Louis Keller to design a three-wheel loader. They build the first prototype with used parts at their shop in Rothsay, Minnesota. 1958: Louis & Cyril Keller team up with Melroe brothers to develop first production three-wheeled loader. 1962: The name “Bobcat” is used for the first time on the all new model M440. It also inaugurates a new paint color for the line: white. 1965: With production of Bobcat loaders in record numbers, the company moves into the European marketplace, signing a license agreement with a manufacturing company in England, Luff & Smith. 1969: Clark Equipment Co. purchases Melroe, keeping the Melroe name and Bobcat as a division of Clark. 1972: Melroe Company celebrates its 25th anniversary in business. Melroe acquires the Kirschmann Manufacturing Company of Bismarck, N.D., makers of the Spra-Coupe crop sprayer. 1973: Melroe acquires the chisel plow business of Gysler Manufacturing of Fort Benton, Montana. 1977: A new logo updates the Bobcat image. 1986: Bobcat acquires the Midmark Trencher Company of Dayton, Ohio, and enters the trencher business. 1995: Ingersoll Rand purchases Clark Equipment, including the Melroe division and Bobcat. 2001: The company celebrated the production of 500,000 loaders 2007: Doosan Infracore purchases Bobcat from Ingersoll Rand. The Bobcat Company operates as an individual business of Doosan Infracore International. 2008: Bobcat celebrates the production of 750,000 loaders in conjunction with its 50th anniversary. 2014: The company hits the 1,000,000 loader milestone.